Monday, October 19, 2009

Concrete Avenue

The blinds stay open as my brain remains distant
A bare picket fence needs Tom Sawyers penchant
The endless possibilities illuminated on around the concrete avenue

I wander over the bakery merely to check to see if the cake is finished
I sit and watch as the the dough remains dough unblemished
The frosting persuades for sweeter taiste opposite the concrete avenue

A bear on a unicycle performs in the plaza and barley astounds
The bull is slaughtered in goo to entertain the crowd
A parrot repeats banality in a amplified confusion in the clouds above the concrete avenue

The reinforced structures repulse the dark side of the eyeball
Their efficient beauty is tainted by a tint of childhood abhorrence
The evolved understand its Majesty but are disgusted by the floating gray of the concrete avenue

The wisdom of tarot cards is all that I require
I occasionally stake my claim of independence under the revolving second cup
I refuse to return to the cryptic ambiance of the concrete avenue

The rainbow colored traffic lights show a sexy discriminating truth
The flags wave a healthy hue above as us sinners kneel in our pews
I believe I understand that the riddler slowly disintegrates in the concrete avenue

I need my hand to be free of a shinny external grip
I reject the alleged soothing comfort that the kings permit
I will dot my first sentence with my own exclamation mark if I am to venture in the concrete avenue!

No comments:

Post a Comment